India Day 2011 Charity: Apne Aap
Sacramento India Day committee supports one Indian charity every year. In year 2011, we have selected "Apne Aap"
)as the supporting charity
Apne Aap's mission:
To end sex-trafficking of women and children
Apne Aap (Hindi for “self-help”) works to empower the women and children of India’s red-light districts to escape sex trafficking. By providing them with education, healthcare and job skills, we are breaking the cycle of poverty and discrimination that forces women into prostitution.
We recognize that buying sex is a societal problem, and work with governments worldwide to end the stigmatization of those trapped in prostitution and criminalize those who exploit them .
How can you help?
- To support community-based initiatives of those trapped by the sex-industry.
- Mitigate the circumstances of those caught in prostitution.
- Develop leadership among the affected to end sex-trafficking.
- Prevent inter-generational prostitution.
- Build linkages between grassroots activism and policy makers on issues related to ending-sex-trafficking.
- Create awareness in society regarding discrimination against women and girls, particularly on issues related to sex-trafficking, prostitution, sex, sexuality and violence against women and girls.
The donation is tax deductible.
If you like to give cash, you can put the cash in the donation box located near the front desk or fill out a pledge form.
Checks should be payable to "CTS" with a memo “India Day Charity-2011”.
Check Mailing address: Satheesh Nagaraj (India Day 2011 Charity committee Lead), 2138 Ranch View Dr, Rocklin, CA, 95765.
India Day charity committee contact info:
Satheesh Nagaraj 916 580 5322 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rajiv Pathak 530 903 9603 email@example.com
Shashi Katiyar 916 220 8902 firstname.lastname@example.org
*** Please donate generously ***